- 250 grams (1Cup) Peanut Butter (Natural and with no added sugar)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vinegar
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Stevia Powder (or to taste)
- a pinch of salt
- Butter for greasing
- Whisk all the ingredients together
- Butter a loaf tin
- Pour in the batter and bake at 170C/350F for 25 minutes or till the toothpick comes clean
- Allow to cool and then remove from the loaf tin
- Slice and Serve
- Calories: 86
- Net Carbs: 2g
- Carbs: 3g
- Fat: 7g
- Protein: 4g
- Fiber: 1g
Recipe makes 20 servings or 20 slices
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- 51⁄3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 8 tablespoons flaxseed
- 4 tablespoons ground psyllium husk powder
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel seeds or ground caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs
- 7 oz. cream cheese
- ½ cup melted butter or melt- ed coconut oil
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds or sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Mix all dry ingredients, except for the seeds for the topping (poppy or sesame seeds) in a bowl
- Whisk together the rest of the ingredients in a different, bigger bowl until the batter is ready
- Add the dry mixture to the batter and mix thoroughly. Place the dough in a greased bread pan, about 4 x 7 inches (non-stick or use parchment paper).
- Bake for about 45 minutes on lower rack in the oven. Prick the bread with a knife to see if it’s ready, it should come out clean. Remove the pan from the oven.
Slice and store in the freezer. This bread is great as toast.
- 1¼ cups almond flour
- 5 tablespoons ground psyllium husk powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Bring the water to a boil and add it, the vinegar and egg whites to the bowl, while beating with a hand mixer for about 30 seconds. Don’t over mix the dough, the consistency should resemble Play- Doh.
- Moisten hands and form dough into 4 or 8 pieces of bread. You can also make hot dog or ham- burger buns. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake on lower rack in oven for 50–60 minutes, depending on the size of your bread. They’re done when you hear a hollow sound when tapping the bottom of the bun.
- Serve with butter and toppings of your choice. Store the bread in the fridge or freezer.
Sprinkle seeds on the bread before you pop it in- to the oven – poppy seeds, sesame seeds or why not some salt flakes and herbs?
If you make this recipe into 6 pieces of bread they each contain about 2 grams of carbs.