- ½ cup almond flour
- 4 teaspoons psyllium huskfiber
- 1 teaspoon baking pow- der
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon grated Par- mesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment. Combine almond flour, psyllium fiber, baking powder, garlic and salt in a large mixing bowl and stir un- til uniform.
- Add egg whites to the dry mixture and stir.
- Work the dough with a spatula or your hands until it is a thick, slightly sticky con- sistently.
- Divide dough into two balls and place on the parchment. They will already begin to become drier as you continue to work with them so move quickly!
- Flatten each dough ball slightly and bake for 10 minutes or until the dough seems firm but not crusted on the edges .
- Cut each portion in half, like a burger bun, and then each sliced into squares. This should yield about 9 croutons per sec- tion of dough
- Drizzle croutons with oil and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese then return to oven un- til the cheese has melted and browned
- Cool and serve on keto salads or soups!