- 60 g dark chocolate with a min- imum of 70% cocoa solids
- 60 g butter
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter, for greas-ing the ramekins
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and grease 4-6 small ramekins with butter.
- Divide or chop the chocolate into smaller pieces. Put in a saucepan or the top of a double boiler. Add butter and melt togeth- er carefully
- Add vanilla and stir until smooth. Turn off the heat and set aside. Allow the chocolate to cool, but not too much; keep it from getting firm.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat with a hand mixer until fluffy — about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the chocolate batter. Mix well, pref- erably with a wooden spoon or fork, until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into the greased ramekins and place in the oven. Immediately lower the heat to 350°F (175°C).
- Set your timer for 5–7 minutes, depending on number of servings.
- Remove from the oven and serve luke- warm. A dollop of whipped cream or sour cream adds a delicious finishing touch.