- 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 tbsp sliced pickled jalapenos
- 1 tbsp keto mayo
- 1/4 onion
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 leaves lettuce
- 1/2 tsps salt
- 1/2 tsps crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsps cayenne
- 1/2 tsps basil
- Knead (press, fold and stretch) your meat for about 3 minutes. This is important because it makes the meat very sticky and keeps it together when add- ing all your ingredients to it.
- Dice and chop your ingredients very finely so they don’t prevent the meat from sticking to itself.
- Add your diced ingredients, sauces (mayo and sriracha recommended), egg (optional) and spic- es to the meat and knead it again for a few minutes to ensure a uniform consistency of ingredi- ents.
- Split your ball of meat in half twice and flatten each of the 4 pieces to make very flat patties. Add a tablespoon of butter to the center of two of the pieces of meat and then slap on the non-buttered pieces! Seal up the sides so you end up with 2 nice patties ready for grilling. You can make your patties thicker for a more medium rare burger
- Throw your patties on the pan (or grill!). If you want delicious, caramelized onions, throw your onions on when you flip your burgers after 5 minutes.
- Flip your onions midway so they cook well on both sides. Your burger should be ready after 5 minutes on the second side.
- Lay out a two big pieces of lettuce with a spread of mayo and place your juicy patties on them. Top each with your choice of toppings! I added cara- melized onions, sriracha, a sliced of tomato, sliced jalapeños and more mayo! Cheese and ketchup are welcome for the more traditional burger.