- 1 16 oz. Ribeye Steak (1 – 1 1/4 inch thick)
- 1 tbsp. high smoke point oil like Peanut Oil
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- 1/2 tsp. Thyme, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Preheat oven to 400F with cast iron skil-let inside. Prep steak by seasoning with oil, salt and pepper.
- Remove pan from oven once pre-heated and place over medium heat on the stove. Add oil and then steak to the pan. Let sear for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Flip steak and place in oven for 4-6 minutes. Remove steak and place over low heat on stove top.
- Place butter and thyme into pan and baste steak for 2-4 minutes.
- Let rest for 5 minutes.