- ½ cucumber
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 240 ml Greek yogurt
- Salt and black pepper
- Rinse the cucumber and chop finely. You can also grate it with the coarse side of a grater.
- Don’t peel the cucumber; the skin adds color and texture to the sauce.
- Put cucumber in a strainer and sprinkle salt on top. Mix well and let the liquid drain for 5–10 minutes. Wrap cucumber in a tea towel and squeeze out excess liquid.
- Press or finely chop the garlic and place in a bowl. Add cucumber, oil and fresh mint (optional).
- stir in the yogurt and add black pepper and salt to taste.
- Let the sauce sit in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes for the flavors to develop. It will keep for at about 3 days in the fridge.