Directions To make 1 cake or 6 cupcakes:
- Mix 230g of vanilla cake mix with 5 egg yolks, separated from the egg whites.
- Mix in 100g melted butter, 2Tbsp vanilla essence, 2Tbsp Greek yoghurt &1Tbsp lemon juice. (Vegans can substitute coconut oil)
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, then fold them into the flour mixture.
- Pour into a greased cake pan or cupcake moulds.
- Bake at 180°, approx. 1 hour for a cake & 35 minutes for cupcakes
- Ice with your own preference e.g. Cream cheese Icing or Mascarpone
Nutritional information per cake:
- Calories: 1906
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fibre: 28.2g
- Sugars: 2.4g
- Total Fat: 146.8g
- Saturated Fat: 64.2g
- Protein: 48g
- Salt: 1062mg
- (total carbs per 230g flour 10.8g)