- 1¼ cups almond flour
- 5 tablespoons ground psyllium husk powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Bring the water to a boil and add it, the vinegar and egg whites to the bowl, while beating with a hand mixer for about 30 seconds. Don’t over mix the dough, the consistency should resemble Play- Doh.
- Moisten hands and form dough into 4 or 8 pieces of bread. You can also make hot dog or ham- burger buns. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake on lower rack in oven for 50–60 minutes, depending on the size of your bread. They’re done when you hear a hollow sound when tapping the bottom of the bun.
- Serve with butter and toppings of your choice. Store the bread in the fridge or freezer.
Sprinkle seeds on the bread before you pop it in- to the oven – poppy seeds, sesame seeds or why not some salt flakes and herbs?
If you make this recipe into 6 pieces of bread they each contain about 2 grams of carbs.