- 2 ounces almond flour
- ¼ cup flaxseed meal
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlicpowder Casserole
- 3 pounds chicken breasts, about 3 pieces
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 8 slices ham, about 112 grams
- 8 slices Swiss cheese, about 152 grams
- 3 tablespoons butter,melted Sauce
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Optional: 2-3 tablespoons chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix almond meal, flaxseed meal, Parmesan cheese, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Set aside.
- Take each chicken breast and halve them lengthwise so that you have six pieces.
- Lay the chicken into a 9×13″ casserole Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the slices of ham on top of the chicken.
- Layer the Swiss cheese on top of the ham.
- Spread the pork rind mixture over the top of the casserole. Drizzle on the melted butter and mix it into the crumb topping with a fork. The topping will clump together somewhat.
- Bake the casserole uncovered at 350°F for 40- 45 minutes, until the topping has browned and sunk into the melty cheese. Test the chicken with a thermometer to ensure that the chicken has reached 165°F.
- While the casserole is baking, whisk together the mayonnaise and Dijon mustard. If you’d like for your sauce to be less thick then you can add 2-3 tablespoons of chicken broth. I like it either way.
- Cut the casserole into six pieces and serve with sauce.