- 1/2 oz. Parmigiano Reggiano,grated
- 2 tbsp. Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Curry Powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp. Water
- 1 large Egg
- 12 medium Shrimp
- 3 tbsp. Coconut Oil
Creamy Butter Sauce:
- 2 tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 small Onion, diced
- 1 clove Garlic, finely chopped
- 2 small Thai Chilies, sliced (removeseeds if you are not a fan of spice)
- 2 tbsp. Curry Leaves
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/3 oz. Mature Cheddar (optional)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1/8 tsp. Sesame Seeds (garnish)
- Peel all of the shrimps, leave the tail part (optional). Clean well.
- Pat the shrimps dry with a paper towel.
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients for the bat- ter.
- Add in 1 egg and 1 tbsp. water, and mix well.
- Pre-heat a pan on medium. Add in 3 tbsp. co- conut oil.
- Generously coat the shrimps with the batter and once the oil is hot, pan-fry the shrimps.
- Once the shrimps turn golden brown, remove from the pan and put on a cooling rack. Pan- fry extra batter if any.
- Pre-heat a pan on medium-low. Add in 2 tbsp. unsalted butter. Once melted, add in 1/2 chopped brown onion.
- Once the onion turns translucent, add in finely chopped garlic, sliced Thai chilies and 2 tbsp. curry leaves. Stir-fry until fragrant.
- Reduce heat to low. Add in 1/2 cup Heavy Cream and 0.3 oz. mature cheddar (optional) and stir until desired thickness.
- Add in the battered shrimps and coat well.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve!