- 1 pound fresh green beans, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated Parme- san cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Fill a large bowl with water and ice and set it aside for blanching the green beans
- Bring water to a rolling boil in a large pot
- Add your beans to the boiling water and steam for 3 to 4 minutes
- Immediately drain the green beans and add them to the ice water to complete- ly cool
- While the beans are cooling, melt butter in another pan over medium heat. Add olive oil and garlic.
- Drain the green beans and rest them on paper towels.
- Once the garlic begins to sizzle, add the green beans to the pan and toss to coat in the oils.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and remove from heat.
- Add the parmesan cheese