- ½ tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 caps Portobello mush- room caps
Delicious Burger Patty:
- 6 ounces organic beef
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mus- tard
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat griddle to high heat
- In a bowl, combine coconut oil and spic- es.
- Clean Portobello mushrooms by scraping out the gills. Add Portobello caps and let them marinate until ready to grill the meat.
- In another bowl, combine your ground meat, mustard, salt, pepper, and cheese.
- Form meat mixture into a rounded patty
- Place “buns” on grill and let them cook for about 8 minutes – until heated through
- Add burger to the grill and cook for 5 minutes per side (medium rare)
- Remove Portobello caps and burger from the grill, assemble, and add your toppings of choice!
- Use turkey, chicken, or smaller mushroom caps/patties to lower calories.