- 4 large Portobello mush- room caps
- 1 medium vine tomato
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup fresh chopped basil
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 20 slices pepperoni
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Scrape out the innards of the mush- rooms and continue scraping the meat out until you are left with just the mush- room shell.
- Turn oven to broil and coat tops of all mushrooms with about 3 tbsp. olive Rub the oil in and season with salt and pepper.
- Broil mushrooms for about 4-5 minutes, flip them over, and repeat the process.
- Slice tomato thin – enough for 12-16 slic- es. Lay tomato on to mushrooms and add fresh basil on top.
- Place pepperoni and cubed mozzarella cheese on to each pizza. Broil again for 2-4 minutes, or until cheese has melted and starts to brown.
- Remove and let cool.